Medical Coding Course Modules
- Module 1: ICD
- Introduction to ICD
- Infections and parasitic diseases
- Endocrine, nutritional, and metabolic diseases
- Blood and blood-forming organs
- Mental disorders
- Nervous system and sense organs
- Circulatory system
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Genitourinary system
- Complications of pregnancy and abortions
- Skin and subcutaneous
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue
- Congenital anomalies
- Perinatal period conditions
- Signs and symptoms
- Injuries, poisoning and complications
- Module 2: CPT
- Introduction to CPT
- Evaluation and Management
- Surgery (6 chapters)
- Pathology and Laboratory
- HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
- Module 3: Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
Medical coding is the process of transferring healthcare diagnoses, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes into uniform numeric codes. These codes are then used to accumulate patient data, treatment process, and insurance claims.
AAPC is known as the American Academy of Professional Coders. They set the standards for medical coding. Medical coders achieve AAPC certification through specialized education, experience in an area of speciality, and a qualifying exam. Lakhs of healthcare professionals hold AAPC certifications. The certifications can help you to stay updated with all the latest trends and have a secure career.
If you are considering a career in medical coding but are still doubtful, then here are a few benefits you cannot ignore. Some of the things you can learn from this course are:
- Learn major organ systems and advanced terms associated with those systems.
- Learn E/M coding or Evaluation and Management Coding.
- Get an overview of the correct use of the ICD-10-CM diagnosis manual in assigning codes
- Understand the correct use of the CPT/HCPCS Procedural Manual to assign codes to each service provided to patients.
- Understand compliance with medical law and ethical standards as set out by national health service organizations.
- Learn medical terminology that covers basic terminology including prefixes, suffixes, word roots, combining forms, abbreviations, and symbols.
Definitely, Edoxi Training Institute conducts mock tests for medical coding examinations which will help you appear for medical coding exams with more confidence.
Here is a list of some of the job titles related to medical coding.
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Records Technician
- Health Information Specialist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Health Information Clerk
- Medical Records Analyst
- Medical Billing Manager
- Medical Records Director
Following are some of the main objectives of our Medical Coding Training in Dubai
- To impart basic to advanced knowledge of CPT Coding, ICD Coding & HCPCS.
- To help you learn fundamentals of physiology, medical terminology, anatomy etc.
- To help you understand local and international Coding Guidelines.
- To familiarize participants with the comprehensive skills required in Medical Coding.
- To help you identify the crucial responsibilities of the physician.
- To help you understand the documentation process in medical coding.
- Understand more about Electronic health records systems.
Edoxi Training Institute is one of the professional training institutes that delivers the best Medical Coding Training in Dubai. We offer hands-on training to our students in an intensive, specific, and subject-oriented manner that will help you keep yourself updated with the latest aspects of Medical Coding.
We have industry-leading experts who offer customized classes to the aspirants. At Edoxi Training Institute, we provide multiple resources to the students and impart skills that enhance their workplace competency. If you want to become a certified medical coding professional, start preparing with us to stay ahead of others.
A Medical Coding certification enhances your analytical, detail-oriented skills and builds a career in Medical Coding. A Medical Coding certification can:
- The number of opportunities for certified medical coders is many.
- Validate your knowledge of health-sector, your workplace readiness and your commitment to career-long learning and ethical practice.
- A Certification course can help you master a set of hard and soft skills.
- Earn a lucrative salary and advance your career with your certification.
- Earn professional credentials with AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) certification that is globally recognized.